- It is important to ‘complete the hit’ when attacking with a weapon. Do not track, pull short or change direction unrealistically.
- Continuous movement and striking, with the goal being to destroy or escape depending on the situation.
- It is very easy for an armed opponent to suddenly change the range or their target, leaving you in a bad position against a more dangerous attack than if it was unarmed. To combat this, you must aim to close the distance and dominate the 4th Centreline as soon as possible to succeed with your strategy (destroy/escape).
- Head Discipline: keeping your weapon between you and your opponent at all times so that it acts like a shield.
- Rule 1: Do not get hit
- Rule 2: Be in a position to hit them
- Rule 3: Do not stop moving/striking until they are no-longer in a position to hit you