Welcome to the Micro Monkeys Kids Kung Fu Course: Monkey.
Below you will find more information about our classes, or you can scroll straight down to the bottom of the page for the course content.
In our classes we use martial arts as a way to teach fundamental skills that have been shown to predict success later in life: Awareness, Focus, Resilience, and the ability to Integrate these skills in all that you do. We aim to support each child’s natural growth, helping them to coordinate their bodies and minds, to have fun exercising and being physical, and to learn to overcome challenges which we believe to be the first step towards becoming a confident and successful person.
At our Micro Monkeys age these skills are largely taught through fun games and play. In addition, each term the children learn a series of Kung Fu moves inspired by a different animal.
This term all of the Micro Monkeys form movements are inspired by monkeys. Each week on FuTube we provide a training plan for your children including tutorials and follow along videos as follows:
- A Warm Up (Titled “Micro Monkey Warm Up”)
- A short game (either “Monkeys on the Bed” or the “Traffic Light Game”)
- Their Move of the Week practice which includes:
- Sifu Ross demonstrating the Move of the Week (the Tutorial) for you to watch with your child to understand the Kung Fu move for that week (these moves will join together over the term as the children learn the entire sequence or “form”)
- Our instructors teaching follow along’s for the Micro Monkeys to join in with and practice these moves (the “Follow Alongs”)
- Some strength exercises (“Micro Monkey Exercises”)
- A Game to play at home which nurtures their Kung Fu Fundamental Skills of Awareness, Focus, Resilience and Integration.
If you have any questions please just get in touch via the LiveChat or email@example.com. To help you see all the moves when put together in the Monkey Form please have a look at our “Full Run Through: Monkey” below.