Welcome to the Little Dragons Kids Kung Fu Course: Tang Soo Do.
Below you will find more information about our classes, and you can scroll straight down to the bottom of the page for the course content.
In our classes we use martial arts as a way to teach fundamental skills that have been shown to predict success later in life: Awareness, Focus, Resilience, and the ability to Integrate these skills in all that you do. We aim to support each child’s natural growth, helping them to coordinate their bodies and minds, to have fun exercising and being physical, and to learn to overcome challenges which we believe to be the first step towards becoming a confident and successful person.
At our Little Dragons age these skills are largely taught through fun games, play and meditation. In addition each term the children learn a series of Kung Fu moves inspired by a different martial art.
This term all of the Little Dragons form movements are inspired by the martial art Tang Soo Do. Their learning here on FuTube is supported by a weekly live interactive Zoom class with one of our instructors (to sign up to a weekly class please email us via email@example.com or use the LiveChat option on here FuTube). We also run Facebook LiveStreams (no sign up needed) these are currently on Mondays and Fridays at 4pm on our Cambridge Kung Fu Facebook.
Each week on FuTube we provide a training plan for your children including tutorials and follow along videos as follows:
- Their Form Move of the Week Practice which includes:
- Sifu Ross demonstrating the Move of the Week for the Dragons (the Tutorial) for you to watch with your child to understand the Kung Fu move for that week (these moves will join together over the term as the children learn the entire sequence or “form”)
- – Our instructors teaching follow along’s for the Dragons to join in with and practice these moves (the “Follow Alongs”).
- A Kids work out
- A Silent Masters practice (this is their meditation practice)
- A Game to play at home which nurtures their Kung Fu Fundamental Skills of Awareness, Focus, Resilience and Integration.
If you have any questions please just get in touch via the LiveChat or firstname.lastname@example.org. To help you see all the moves when put together in the Tang Soo Do Form please have a look at our “Full Run Through: Tang Soo Do” below.